Sunday, July 3, 2011

Weeekly Recap

THE APT HUNT IS OVER!


I think I've found my new apartment. My and my girlfriend are moving into a one bedroom apartment over on Appian way and I'm really excited about it. They have a hot tub and our apartment has a fireplace! Not looking forward to moving though, i'm in the 'mass gathering of cardboard' phase now.

CALLING ALL PC GAMERS!


To any pc gamers out there, I bought the valve complete pack for $50 and just got access to portal 2, both left4deads, counter strike (which I never could get into), and day of defeat as well as all of half life 1 and 2 so if anyone wants to play. My steam name is sexypenguin6969...don't ask.

EXCEED YOUR LEVEL


This morning I was exercising on my bike and I had my head to the ground, watching the cracked gray cement below me and all of a sudden they changed. They became these perfectly manicured brick tiles with a diamond pattern in the middle. I looked up and there was a house that you could tell the owners were very ocd about keeping it up. Not a blade of grass was out of place. Then it was gone and the street continued on, and at first I laughed thinking how strange you would have to be to be that obsessed about getting every detail right.
Then I thought back to this great Bruce Lee quote about the desire to exceed your level. I'm trying to get back into shape and I know its never going to be perfect but constantly striving for that goal and pushing past your own limitations is what makes life what it is. The better man is always striving for some higher goal rather than wallowing in it. Everyone has different things in life that they focus on. For some its our minds, some our bodies, some that platinum trophy (cheevos for you xbox peeps), or some its making their house a better place than the ones around it. Just a reminder that no matter what you do every day, find some way to push yourself and challenge yourself every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment